Terminal setup partly succeeded (Failed as Docker was not running)

my account was set up by github clone but did not fully succeed because it failed as I did not have Docker running, however, the username was set and I can login to the account on
https://dash.hollaex.com/
yet it tells me to create an account, but then it won’t let me do so because the username is already set by the terminal setup. what do I do now please?

I see. Looks like you are stuck at the weird state.

The easiest option is creating a new account. Try to use another email to proceed for now.

Based on my understanding, there is currently no option to skip the initial registration of the setup command.

I’ll consider this also as a feedback. There will be a patch on the CLI to have an option to skip the registration.

I’ll keep you in the loop. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi. Here’s the follow-up.

You can run hollaex server --setup --skip --force command to run setup again without going through the account registration step.

You don’t need to upgrade your CLI or anything, since the flag is already included (just make sure that your CLI version is on v2.2.1).

Please give it a shot, and let me know.

Thanks.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll come back to you on this in a few hours, but in the meantime i just wanted to say thanks for getting back to me. I was up all night in the UK (and then some) trying to circumvent the problem and did not bed down until 14:00. I’m only just arising for another night shift so bear with, I will come back to you with info.

1 Like

I can’t send my post because your forum keeps saying that:
Sorry, new users can only mention 2 users in a post.

I don’t understand this as I have not mentioned any users and i don’t know what to look for in my text to change.
Please let me know how to get around this as the info i have is rather detailed

2 Likes

Hey. So what is the problem with the forum? I’m not really following.

Also, did you try the command I mentioned earlier?

How did it go?

Hello yechan,
I haven’t tried your command yet because I wanted to send you what i had done before I saw your post, but when I tried to send the detailed post the forum flashed up a message that said this:

Sorry, new users can only mention 2 users in a post.

Someone must know what that means, however, I’m going to try posting again and then it doesn’t work I will send it in bits. (posting in two minutes)

I’m sending this in a number of split posts because I keep on getting the error message: Sorry, new users can only mention 2 users in a post.

Ok, so following on from my problem las night, this is as far as I got without seeing your post or following your instruction to run prompt% server --setup --skip --force (which I have not done yet).

The following (i hope) contains helpful snippets of the terminal output which starts at the part that succeeded and then goes on to the failures.
NB. I interject or add a note wherever you see this broken line format
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Successfully initialized the exchange and the account .

Have fun!
Checking system dependencies…
You are good to go!

=-=-=[SIDE-NOTE-INSERT: it would be good to know at this point (and any of the new sections) what section is being run next by having a header such as NOW INITIALIZING DOCKER, even a pause to say ‘make sure docker is running’ that’s if this can’t be done automagically]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Error: Docker Daemon is not running!
Please check the Docker status of your system and try again. (SO I DID)
me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex server --setup

Welcome to HollaEx Server Setup!

Select the network

Before you continue, You need to select the network that you want to use with the exchange.
HollaEx Kit by default, will be connected to the official public HollaEx Network (api.hollaex.network).
If you want to connect to a different network, please type the URL.

Do you want to want to continue with the official HollaEx Network? (Y/n)

y
{“name”:“HollaEx”,“version”:“2.2.12”,“host”:“api.hollaex.network”,“basePath”:"/v2"}
Successfully reached to the network health page.

https://api.hollaex.network :heavy_check_mark:

Create Admin

Please type your email address and password that you are going to use for your admin account.

Email:

Password:

Create Exchange

Please type in the name of your new exchange.

• Alphanumeric, Dash (-), Underscore Only (_). No space or special character allowed.

:heavy_check_mark:

Error 1001 - User already exists (THIS IS WHAT I COULD NOT GET PAST WITHOUT RUNNING THAT DOCKER BUILD COMMAND)

Error: Failed to create an account on HollaEx Network.
Please review the logs and try it again.
me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex logs

Failed to detect on this machine. Please try it again.
=-=-=(THIS IS THE LOOP I WAS STUCK IN UNLESS I TRIED SOMETHING DIFFERENT — WHICH I DID)
I ran
me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex help
and found the docker build command, but before running the build command I did try to get the status…
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex status

Failed to detect HollaEx on this machine. Please try it again.

Calling the exchange health page (localhost:80/v2/health) …
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 80: Connection refused

The health page is not responding. Please check the exchange is up.
Having checked that the exchange was not up and running I figured nothing was going to happen with out the Docker build.

=-=-=[NEXT SECTION I PRESUME IS THE DATABASE AND DATASTORE, BUT IT FAILED]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Preparing to initialize exchange database…
Running sequelize db:migrate

Sequelize CLI [Node: 10.15.3, CLI: 5.4.0, ORM: 4.37.7]

Loaded configuration file “config/db.js”.
Using environment “production”.
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 07:51:42 GMT sequelize deprecated String based operators are now deprecated. Please use Symbol based operators for better security, read more at http://docs.sequelizejs.com/manual/tutorial/querying.html#operators at node_modules/sequelize/lib/sequelize.js:242:13
events.js:174
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^

Error: Redis connection to -redis:6379 failed - getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND -redis -redis:6379
at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:56:26)
Emitted ‘error’ event at:
at RedisClient.on_error (/app/node_modules/redis/index.js:406:14)
at Socket. (/app/node_modules/redis/index.js:279:14)
at Socket.emit (events.js:189:13)
at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:82:8)
at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:50:3)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
Running database triggers
Updating the secrets…
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 07:52:34 GMT sequelize deprecated String based operators are now deprecated. Please use Symbol based operators for better security, read more at http://docs.sequelizejs.com/manual/tutorial/querying.html#operators at node_modules/sequelize/lib/sequelize.js:242:13
^

Error: Redis connection to -redis:6379 failed - getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND -redis -redis:6379
Setting up the version number based on the current Kit.
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 07:53:17 GMT sequelize deprecated String based operators are now deprecated. Please use Symbol based operators for better security, read more at http://docs.sequelizejs.com/manual/tutorial/querying.html#operators at node_modules/sequelize/lib/sequelize.js:242:13
^

Skipping the command confirmation.
Generating random secrets…

docker-compose detected
version: docker-compose version 1.29.2, build 5becea4c
docker-py version: 5.0.0
CPython version: 3.9.0
OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.1.1h 22 Sep 2020

docker-compose detected

WARNING: The following deploy sub-keys are not supported and have been ignored: resources.reservations.cpus
WARNING: The following deploy sub-keys are not supported and have been ignored: resources.reservations.cpus
Stopping local_-nginx_1 … done
Stopping local_-server-stream_1 … done
Stopping local_-server-api_1 … done
Stopping local_-server-plugins_1 … done
Stopping local_-redis_1 … done
Stopping local_-db_1 … done

…on/off switch

Your Exchange has been stopped

Run 'hollaex server --start' to start the exchange.

docker-compose detected

Generating env file for docker
Generating docker-compose file
Generating Nginx upstream conf
Updating nginx conf file based on user settings
Recreating local_-db_1 … done
Recreating local_-redis_1 … done
Recreating local_-server-stream_1 … done
Recreating local_-server-api_1 … done
Recreating local_-server-plugins_1 … done
Recreating local_-nginx_1 … done

… tick

Your Exchange is up!
Try to reach http://localhost/v2/health

You can easily check the exchange status with 'hollaex status'.

You can proceed to setup the web server with 'hollaex web --setup'.

The new image has been successfully applied on the exchange!
Try to reach http://localhost.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I went to the browser and entered…
localhost:80/v2/health
and got the result below, then tried…
http://localhost
but got the same html 502 Bad Gateway in return on both…

502 Bad Gateway

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.15.8

When I look in docker I can see that the container keeps trying to restart. It seems that the build of that container has permanently failed with this repetitive log…
*** FATAL CONFIG FILE ERROR (Redis 6.0.9) ***

Reading the configuration file, at line 2

‘requirepass’

Bad directive or wrong number of arguments

=-=-=[I DID A STATUS CHECK AND GOT THE FOLLOWING]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
cb739bee461d bitholla/nginx-with-certbot:1.15.8 “/bin/sh -c 'ip -4 r…” 16 hours ago Up 16 hours 0.0.0.0:80->80/tcp, :::80->80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:443->443/tcp, :::443->443/tcp local_-nginx_1
b51a8824e7e4 bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110260828 “node app.js” 16 hours ago Up 23 seconds 0.0.0.0:10010->10010/tcp, :::10010->10010/tcp, 10080/tcp local_-server-api_1
8e59a13b94e0 bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110260828 “node plugins.js 100…” 16 hours ago Up 3 seconds 10010/tcp, 10080/tcp local_-server-plugins_1
88826751ab74 bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110260828 “node ws/index.js” 16 hours ago Up 29 seconds 10010/tcp, 0.0.0.0:10080->10080/tcp, :::10080->10080/tcp local_-server-stream_1
83cd20daff48 redis:6.0.9-alpine “docker-entrypoint.s…” 16 hours ago Restarting (1) 1 second ago local_-redis_1
5e1f9d44f987 postgres:10.9-alpine “docker-entrypoint.s…” 16 hours ago Up 16 hours 0.0.0.0:5432->5432/tcp, :::5432->5432/tcp local_-db_1

502 Bad Gateway

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.15.8

=-=-=[GOING TO TRY RESTARTING DEVICE SO NOTHING IS RUNNING AND WE ARE STARTING FROM A FRESH MEMORY FOOTPRINT]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

… also wondering if should I delete the redis container and rerun it or do I need to start over and use your command (me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex server --setup --skip --force)?

For now I’ll leave you with these notes and I’ll be back after the restart and fresh attempts to get things back on track.

Speak soon hopefully, perhaps an hour or so, but hopefully sooner.

I’ll be back shortly, just trying to restart the server and check the status, if things fail I will run your command.

I wanted to send you that because i hoped it may help.

BTW: it was the text images in the terminal output that was causing that problem as I was just copying and pasting the terminal output as is (don’t know the technical term for that) .

Speak shortly

OK, I’ve now run your command, see following output…

Last login: Wed Oct 27 02:55:33 on ttys010
me@prompt ~ % cd /Volumes/TestBed/hollaex-kit
Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

Failed to detect HollaEx on this machine. Please try it again.

curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 80: Connection refused

The health page is not responding. Please check the exchange is up.

=-=-=[CD’d into hollaex-kit and MANUALLY STARTED DOCKER]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
cb739bee461d bitholla/nginx-with-certbot:1.15.8 “/bin/sh -c 'ip -4 r…” 20 hours ago Up About a minute 0.0.0.0:80->80/tcp, :::80->80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:443->443/tcp, :::443->443/tcp local_-nginx_1
b51a8824e7e4 bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110260828 “node app.js” 20 hours ago Up 10 seconds 0.0.0.0:10010->10010/tcp, :::10010->10010/tcp, 10080/tcp local_-server-api_1
8e59a13b94e0 bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110260828 “node plugins.js 100…” 20 hours ago Up 18 seconds 10010/tcp, 10080/tcp local_-server-plugins_1
88826751ab74 bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110260828 “node ws/index.js” 20 hours ago Up 10 seconds 10010/tcp, 0.0.0.0:10080->10080/tcp, :::10080->10080/tcp local_-server-stream_1
83cd20daff48 redis:6.0.9-alpine “docker-entrypoint.s…” 20 hours ago Exited (255) About a minute ago local_-redis_1
5e1f9d44f987 postgres:10.9-alpine “docker-entrypoint.s…” 20 hours ago Up About a minute 0.0.0.0:5432->5432/tcp, :::5432->5432/tcp local_-db_1

502 Bad Gateway

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.15.8

Successfully reached to the health page.
me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex server --stop

docker-compose detected

Are you sure you want to stop running on your machine? (y/N)
y
Stopping local_-nginx_1 … done
Stopping local_-server-api_1 … done
Stopping local_-server-plugins_1 … done
Stopping local_-server-stream_1 … done

…text-image on/off switch

me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex server --start

docker-compose detected

Recreating local_-redis_1 …
Recreating local_-redis_1 … error

ERROR: for local_-redis_1 Cannot start service -redis: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint local_-redis_1 (add0e7a8d0028578b075744da831aa350326ff3bfb7975216ac44e5c3eb47274): Bind for 0.0.0.0:6379 failed: port is already allocated

ERROR: for -redis Cannot start service -redis: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint local_-redis_1 (add0e7a8d0028578b075744da831aa350326ff3bfb7975216ac44e5c3eb47274): Bind for 0.0.0.0:6379 failed: port is already allocated
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
Failed to start exchange! Please review your settings and try again.

=-=-=[Server not starting up, so going to run your command. Removing everything from docker and restarted computer]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Last login: Wed Oct 27 05:41:18 on ttys001
me@prompt ~ % cd /Volumes/TestBed/hollaex-kit
me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex server --setup --skip --force

Warning: Skipping the exchange initialization steps.
Please make sure that what you are doing exactly with the ‘–skip’ flag.

Checking system dependencies…
You are good to go!
Target hollaex docker registry : bitholla/my-hollaex-server.
Building the user HollaEx Server image with user custom Kit setups.
[+] Building 1.9s (12/12) FINISHED
=> [internal] load build definition from Dockerfile 0.1s
=> => transferring dockerfile: 37B 0.1s
=> [internal] load .dockerignore 0.0s
=> => transferring context: 34B 0.0s
=> [internal] load metadata for docker.io/library/node:10.15.3-stretch-slim 1.7s
=> [auth] library/node:pull token for registry-1.docker.io 0.0s
=> [1/6] FROM docker.io/library/node:10.15.3-stretch-slim@sha256:5177e5de0e87965ed102f5a84856e31c1434e479dd0d90cf8df21d61284c78f1 0.0s
=> [internal] load build context 0.0s
=> => transferring context: 11.43kB 0.0s
=> CACHED [2/6] RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends git python build-essential && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* && npm 0.0s
=> CACHED [3/6] COPY ./server /app 0.0s
=> CACHED [4/6] WORKDIR /app 0.0s
=> CACHED [5/6] RUN groupadd -g 999 appuser && useradd -r -u 999 -g appuser appuser && mkdir /home/appuser && chown -R appuser /home/appuser && 0.0s
=> CACHED [6/6] RUN npm install --loglevel=error && pm2 update && cd /app/mail && npm install --loglevel=error 0.0s
=> exporting to image 0.0s
=> => exporting layers 0.0s
=> => writing image sha256:ec85f60fcb16f9d026834dd68e4bc97916a243d0fbbfd40f9e672736e0d58f4f 0.0s
=> => naming to docker.io/bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110270602 0.0s

Use ‘docker scan’ to run Snyk tests against images to find vulnerabilities and learn how to fix them
Your custom HollaEx Server image has been successfully built.
Please type in your new image name. (bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110270602)
Press enter to proceed with the previous name.

Do you want to proceed with this image name? (bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110270602) (Y/n)
y
Your new image name is: (bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110270602).
Do you want to push this image to your Docker Registry? (y/N) (Optional)
y
Pushing the image to docker registry…
The push refers to repository [docker.io/bitholla/my-hollaex-server]
3ac8d37c631a: Preparing
67cc58c02b0f: Preparing
5f70bf18a086: Preparing
667857940f9a: Preparing
de5e0227c265: Preparing
0d81e4ab8480: Waiting
3f830d3299ef: Waiting
aa5a12ea4279: Waiting
6270adb5794c: Waiting
denied: requested access to the resource is denied
Failed to push the image to docker registry.
Proceeding setup processes without pushing the image at Docker Registry.
You can push it later by using ‘docker push’ command manually.

Please run 'hollaex apply --registry bitholla/my-hollaex-server --tag -server-2.2.1-2110270602 ’ to apply it on the server.

docker-compose detected

Creating local_-db_1 … done
Creating local_-redis_1 …
Creating local_-redis_1 … error

ERROR: for local_-redis_1 Cannot start service -redis: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint local_-redis_1 (2821bf3824596a15678ca8b03e7a62a21720773751778c0e749b775ef853d593): Bind for 0.0.0.0:6379 failed: port is already allocated

ERROR: for -redis Cannot start service -redis: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint local_-redis_1 (2821bf3824596a15678ca8b03e7a62a21720773751778c0e749b775ef853d593): Bind for 0.0.0.0:6379 failed: port is already allocated
Error: Failed to start the HollaEx server.
Please check the logs and try it again.

=-=-=[Running command for logs… not sure if these are old as oNly the db a and redis containers are now in the docker dashboard, however, redis always fails no matter what]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

…text-image HOLLAEX-KIT

HollaEx CLI : v2.2.1.
HollaEx Kit : v2.2.1.

Made with <3 by bitHolla Inc.

System OS Type: darwin19
System Shell Type: /bin/zsh
System Shell Version: zsh 5.7.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin19.0)

#########################################################################

Container : local_-redis_1
There are no logs for container : local_-redis_1.

Container : local_-db_1
2021-10-27 05:03:15.848 UTC [1] LOG: listening on IPv4 address “0.0.0.0”, port 5432
2021-10-27 05:03:15.848 UTC [1] LOG: listening on IPv6 address “::”, port 5432
2021-10-27 05:03:15.851 UTC [1] LOG: listening on Unix socket “/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432”
2021-10-27 05:03:15.925 UTC [43] LOG: database system was shut down at 2021-10-27 05:03:15 UTC
2021-10-27 05:03:15.928 UTC [1] LOG: database system is ready to accept connections
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user “postgres”.
This user must also own the server process.

The database cluster will be initialized with locale “en_US.utf8”.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to “UTF8”.
The default text search configuration will be set to “english”.

Data page checksums are disabled.

fixing permissions on existing directory /var/lib/postgresql/data … ok
creating subdirectories … ok
selecting default max_connections … 100
selecting default shared_buffers … 128MB
selecting default timezone … UTC
selecting dynamic shared memory implementation … posix
creating configuration files … ok
running bootstrap script … ok
sh: locale: not found
2021-10-27 05:03:09.842 UTC [28] WARNING: no usable system locales were found
performing post-bootstrap initialization … ok
syncing data to disk … ok

Success. You can now start the database server using:

pg_ctl -D /var/lib/postgresql/data -l logfile start

WARNING: enabling “trust” authentication for local connections
You can change this by editing pg_hba.conf or using the option -A, or
–auth-local and --auth-host, the next time you run initdb.
waiting for server to start…2021-10-27 05:03:14.822 UTC [32] LOG: listening on Unix socket “/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432”
2021-10-27 05:03:14.924 UTC [33] LOG: database system was shut down at 2021-10-27 05:03:13 UTC
2021-10-27 05:03:14.927 UTC [32] LOG: database system is ready to accept connections
done
server started
CREATE DATABASE

./docker-entrypoint.sh: ignoring /docker-entrypoint-initdb.d/*

2021-10-27 05:03:15.739 UTC [32] LOG: received fast shutdown request
waiting for server to shut down…2021-10-27 05:03:15.740 UTC [32] LOG: aborting any active transactions
2021-10-27 05:03:15.742 UTC [32] LOG: worker process: logical replication launcher (PID 39) exited with exit code 1
2021-10-27 05:03:15.742 UTC [34] LOG: shutting down
2021-10-27 05:03:15.815 UTC [32] LOG: database system is shut down
done
server stopped

PostgreSQL init process complete; ready for start up.

2021-10-27 05:03:15.848 UTC [1] LOG: listening on IPv4 address “0.0.0.0”, port 5432
2021-10-27 05:03:15.848 UTC [1] LOG: listening on IPv6 address “::”, port 5432
2021-10-27 05:03:15.851 UTC [1] LOG: listening on Unix socket “/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432”
2021-10-27 05:03:15.925 UTC [43] LOG: database system was shut down at 2021-10-27 05:03:15 UTC
2021-10-27 05:03:15.928 UTC [1] LOG: database system is ready to accept connections

Displayed (Exported) last 100 lines of logs from container(s).
To see logs from specific container(s), Please run ‘hollaex logs --target <NAME_OF_COMPONENT> --lines <LINES_OF_LOGS>’.
For example, ‘hollaex logs --target api --lines 20’.
me@prompt hollaex-kit %

I cleared out the docker redis container by doing docker rm -f , then ensured the server was up and refreshed by running …
hollaex server --restart

As i could not run your setup, skip, force command without getting this error message…
Error: HollaEx CLI detected that the exchange exists on your machine.
Exchange setup can’t be done for multiple times.

I reverted to rebuilding the containers by running the hollaex docker build command as follows in the output…:

me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex build
Building the user HollaEx Server image with user custom Kit setups.
[+] Building 4.9s (12/12) FINISHED
=> [internal] load build definition from Dockerfile 3.3s
=> => transferring dockerfile: 37B 3.3s
=> [internal] load .dockerignore 3.3s
=> => transferring context: 34B 3.3s
=> [internal] load metadata for docker-io / library / node:10.15.3-stretch-slim 1.5s
=> [auth] library/node:pull token for registry-1.docker-io 0.0s
=> [1/6] FROM docker-io/library / node:10.15.3-stretch-slim@sha256:5177e5de0e87965ed102f5a84856e31c1434e479dd0d90cf8df21d61284c78f1 0.0s
=> [internal] load build context 0.0s
=> => transferring context: 11.43kB 0.0s
=> CACHED [2/6] RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends git python build-essential && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* && npm 0.0s
=> CACHED [3/6] COPY ./server /app 0.0s
=> CACHED [4/6] WORKDIR /app 0.0s
=> CACHED [5/6] RUN groupadd -g 999 appuser && useradd -r -u 999 -g appuser appuser && mkdir /home/appuser && chown -R appuser /home/appuser && 0.0s
=> CACHED [6/6] RUN npm install --loglevel=error && pm2 update && cd /app/mail && npm install --loglevel=error 0.0s
=> exporting to image 0.0s
=> => exporting layers 0.0s
=> => writing image sha256:ec85f60fcb16f9d026834dd68e4bc97916a243d0fbbfd40f9e672736e0d58f4f 0.0s
=> => naming to docker io/bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110270736 0.0s

Use ‘docker scan’ to run Snyk tests against images to find vulnerabilities and learn how to fix them
Your custom HollaEx Server image has been successfully built.
Please type in your new image name. (bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110270736)
Press enter to proceed with the previous name.

Do you want to proceed with this image name? (bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110270736) (Y/n)
y
Your new image name is: (bitholla/my-hollaex-server:-server-2.2.1-2110270736).
Do you want to push this image to your Docker Registry? (y/N) (Optional)
y
Pushing the image to docker registry…
The push refers to repository [docker io/bitholla/my-hollaex-server]
3ac8d37c631a: Preparing
67cc58c02b0f: Preparing
5f70bf18a086: Preparing
667857940f9a: Preparing
de5e0227c265: Preparing
0d81e4ab8480: Waiting
3f830d3299ef: Waiting
aa5a12ea4279: Waiting
6270adb5794c: Waiting
denied: requested access to the resource is denied
Failed to push the image to docker registry.
Proceeding setup processes without pushing the image at Docker Registry.
You can push it later by using ‘docker push’ command manually.

Please run 'hollaex apply --registry bitholla/my-hollaex-server --tag -server-2.2.1-2110270736 ’ to apply it on the server.
me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex server --restart

docker-compose detected

Warning: Exchange service will be unavailable during the restart!
Are you sure you want to restart on your machine? (y/N)
y

docker-compose detected

…TEXT-IMAGE ON/OFF SWITCH [REMOVED]

docker-compose detected

Recreating local_-redis_1 …
Recreating local_-redis_1 … error

ERROR: for local_-redis_1 Cannot start service -redis: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint local_-redis_1 (0b5a2e5ccc29d4e78deb548a8c3816a939b4bc6e5365d914d94116a9655214f3): Bind for 0.0.0.0:6379 failed: port is already allocated

ERROR: for -redis Cannot start service -redis: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint local_-redis_1 (0b5a2e5ccc29d4e78deb548a8c3816a939b4bc6e5365d914d94116a9655214f3): Bind for 0.0.0.0:6379 failed: port is already allocated
Failed to start exchange! Please review your settings and try again.

When it says to review my settings, what am I supposed to be looking for?

Thanks in advance and I hope I haven’t done your heads in, I’m new to all this. :wink:

Where do I go from here?

Hey there.

Okay, I can see the issue right away. Looks like your CLI is not really reading the exchange name you specified properly.

Each container’s name should include the exchange name.

So for example, something like local_-redis_1, it actually should be local_<YOUR_EXCHANGE_NAME>-redis_1.

I think there’s something that went wrong while you are initializing your exchange.

I recommend you clean up your current exchange and start a new one.

You can terminate the current exchange with hollaex server --terminate.

Once the exchange is fully terminated, remove the current hollaex-kit folder, and get a new one with git clone https://github.com/bitholla/hollaex-kit.git command.

And run hollaex server --setup to start something fresh.

Can you give it a shot, and let me know?

Btw, I think I found the reason why the forum was showing you the weird error. Your log file got an @ character, which is a command to mention someone on the forum. The system gets confused and thought you are mentioning someone more multiple times seems like :joy:.

Hello Yechan,

Thank you for your answer, I will attempt what you suggest tonight and I’ll get back to you when done. Not sure how long that will be but I’ll be sure to leave an update before I put my head down if it takes that long.

I’ll bear in mind uses of an @ sign so that I don’t get that message again. I believe it was the text-images from the terminal output that was doing it as I did just copy and paste the output only changing the exchange name , email and terminal prompt.

See you before my night is out.

OK, the termination of the first exchange went without a hitch, but I’m stuck again with the new install.
see terminal output below 8th line from bottom… Error 1001 - User already exists
I’ve looked over OSX users and their UIDs and I don’t see this user, furthermore it can’t be in a docker container because that hasn’t run its setup yet.
I’ve looked in docker dashboard and sure enough no containers are present.
Where is this user coming from and was it setup during my initial install?

I tried to see the logs but got the error message: Failed to detect hollaex on this machine. Please try it again.

I imagine that message was because nothing has really run yet.

Thanks

=-=-=[TERMINAL OUTPUT]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

me@prompt hollaex-kit % bash install.sh
Pulling HollaEx CLI from Github…

…HOLLAEX KIT (text-image removed)

HollaEx CLI Installer

You already installed previous version of HollaEx CLI.

Replacing existing HollaEx CLI to latest…

Password:
Cloning HollaEx CLI repo from git…
Cloning into ‘hollaex-cli’…
remote: Enumerating objects: 3270, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (323/323), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (211/211), done.
remote: Total 3270 (delta 154), reused 201 (delta 79), pack-reused 2947
Receiving objects: 100% (3270/3270), 1.08 MiB | 622.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1967/1967), done.

HollaEx CLI v2.2.2 has been successfully installed!

You are good to go!

me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex server --setup

Welcome to HollaEx Server Setup!

Select the network

Before you continue, You need to select the network that you want to use with the exchange.
HollaEx Kit by default, will be connected to the official public HollaEx Network (api_hollaex_network).
If you want to connect to a different network, please type the URL.

Do you want to want to continue with the official HollaEx Network? (Y/n)

y
{“name”:“HollaEx”,“version”:“2.2.13”,“host”:“api_hollaex_network”,“basePath”:"/v2"}
Successfully reached to the network health page.

https://api_hollaex_network :heavy_check_mark:

Create Admin

Please type your email address and password that you are going to use for your admin account.

Email:

Password:

Create Exchange

Please type in the name of your new exchange.

• Alphanumeric, Dash (-), Underscore Only (_). No space or special character allowed.

:heavy_check_mark:

Error 1001 - User already exists

Error: Failed to create an account on HollaEx Network.
Please review the logs and try it again.

Failed to detect hollaex on this machine. Please try it again.
me@prompt hollaex-kit %

I see. So you are having a registration issue.

Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to re-use the existing account for a new HollaEx Kit exchange at this point. For now, the account that you registered would belong to that specific exchange (and kit) itself.

I recommend you to create a new account for your new kit, with different email addr and exchange name.

Ouch!
Will it cause a problem if I use the same domain name but a different name on the email?
Changing the exchange name I can live with.

Thanks for your support.

OK, I followed your instructions and got the setup to run without incident this time.
The only thing I did differently was use all lowercase for the exchange name, in the previous failed setup I used a capital letter at the start of the single word exchange name — don’t know if that would have made a difference.
All the containers are up and running so we seem to good to go there, however, we have another issue.
This time it’s to do with the web build, its complaining about running out of memory, but I’ve checked the drive space and 164GB to play with. As for ram I have 16GB of which I have allocated 4GB to docker as indicated in your docs.
I can’t work out where else I might need to check for memory shortage, have you got any ideas.

Many thanks.

=-=-=[TERMINAL OUTPUT OF WEB BUILD]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
me@prompt hollaex-kit % hollaex web --setup
Building the user HollaEx Web image.
Generating .env for Web Client
[+] Building 417.2s (15/19)
=> [internal] load build definition from Dockerfile 0.0s
=> => transferring dockerfile: 37B 0.0s
=> [internal] load .dockerignore 0.0s
=> => transferring context: 2B 0.0s
=> [internal] load metadata for docker_io / library / nginx:1.16.0-alpine 1.9s
=> [internal] load metadata for docker_io / library / node:12.18.3-buster 1.9s
=> [auth] library / nginx:pull token for registry-1 docker_io 0.0s
=> [auth] library / node:pull token for registry-1_docker_io 0.0s
=> [build 1/6] FROM docker_io / library / node:12.18.3-buster@sha256:760bbf2dcfb6c1034772fb31a11f8fc63b665c131e4df0a7d74b15063e4a43a9 0.0s
=> [internal] load build context 0.2s
=> => transferring context: 98.02kB 0.2s
=> [stage-1 1/6] FROM docker_io / library / nginx:1.16.0-alpine@sha256:270bea203d2fc3743fb9ce0193325e188b7e6233043487e3d3cf117ea4d3f337 0.0s
=> CACHED [stage-1 2/6] RUN apk add --update curl && rm -rf /var/cache/apk/* 0.0s
=> CACHED [build 2/6] WORKDIR /app 0.0s
=> CACHED [build 3/6] COPY package.json /app/package.json 0.0s
=> CACHED [build 4/6] RUN npm config set unsafe-perm true && npm install -g node-gyp && npm install --loglevel=error 0.0s
=> CACHED [build 5/6] COPY . /app 0.0s
=> ERROR [build 6/6] RUN npm run build 414.9s

[build 6/6] RUN npm run build:
#15 1.682
#15 1.682 > [email protected] build /app
#15 1.682 > npm run build-css && react-scripts --max_old_space_size=3072 build
#15 1.682
#15 2.388
#15 2.388 > [email protected] build-css /app
#15 2.388 > node-sass-chokidar src/ -o src/
#15 2.388
#15 4.070 Rendering Complete, saving .css file…
#15 4.076 Wrote CSS to /app/src/index.css
#15 4.078 Wrote 1 CSS files to /app/src/
#15 8.878 Creating an optimized production build…
#15 414.2 The build failed because the process exited too early. This probably means the system ran out of memory or someone called kill -9 on the process.
#15 414.5 npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
#15 414.5 npm ERR! errno 1
#15 414.6 npm ERR! [email protected] build: npm run build-css && react-scripts --max_old_space_size=3072 build
#15 414.6 npm ERR! Exit status 1
#15 414.6 npm ERR!
#15 414.6 npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] build script.
#15 414.6 npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
#15 414.7
#15 414.7 npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
#15 414.7 npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2021-10-29T01_07_57_999Z-debug.log

executor failed running [/bin/sh -c npm run build]: exit code: 1
Failed to build the image.
Please confirm your configurations and try again.
If you are not on a latest HollaEx Kit, Please update it first to latest.
me@prompt hollaex-kit %

Is there any answers to this?

Thanks

Hi. For the last web-related issue you posted, it’s the memory issue.

How much RAM do you have on your machine?

I recommend you to have at least 8GB.

Can you try to allocate more RAM and build it again?