How can I run HollaEx Kit on a windows machine?

I saw on twitter someone mentioning that he ran HollaEx kit on his windows machine. I tried to do the same and running into an error after running:

hollaex setup

Its complaining about the path on my machine.

Is there a guide on how I can achieve this on my windows machine?

1 Like

Hi Martin.

You basically should enable WSL 2 (Windows Subsystem For Linux 2) on your Windows PC, and download Ubuntu distro from Windows Store. You can check this document to see how to enable it.

WSL is an advanced feature on Windows which allows Linux application works on Windows natively. You can check the details here.

For your information, WSL 2 is not currently available on stable Windows 10 release. You should upgrade to the “canary” version of Windows to use WSL 2 by joining the Windows Insider Program for now. This canary version could potentially cause some unexpected issues. We recommend you to just use HollaEx on Windows as testing purposes for now.

We will also add the guide about how to run HollaEx on Windows at our official docs site soon too. I’ll leave the link here once it gets ready.

Thank you. And let me know If you have any other questions.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed reply. Seems like this WSL is going to be added by default to windows in future so that would save the trouble in future.

1 Like

Hey Martin.

Right. Regarding this article, WSL 2 will be a part of stable Windows release in 2020. If you can’t wait, You can join the Windows Insider Program, for now, to bring WSL 2 on your PC right today. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

By the way, Hollaex on Windows introduction has been added on our official docs as I mentioned. Please have a look!

Thanks.

1 Like