Has anyone here used octobot to trade xht?

I’ve been using octobot to set my trades and sells. So far I have had a pretty good experience and I was wondering if anyone else has tried or is using this tool.

2 Likes

Hi, I have tried in february but I couldn’t make it works, it couldn’t connect (or I made a mistake).
Can you provide more information about installation, trading strategy (good and bad) …

Tchuss

2 Likes

Probably already know about this setup page but thought worth sharing for others new to HollaEx + Octobot.

1 Like

Can confirm, Octobot can work.

Orders placed, filled and/or be canceled automatically by bot.

XHT/USDT market trades also work (see bottom of screen capture.)

1 Like

I would give it a couple days till they come out with the new update to the bot because there are major crashes happening but all you would really need to do is go to the accounts page on octobot and add your exchange api key and secret key. Then you need to pick a trading strategy which they have I think about 5 different types. I highly suggest you to use the simulated trading for at least the first few days so that you can get used to which trading strategy works best. I personally have been finding that the dip analyser strategy works best for xht but thats me. When the new update comes out I will be sure to help you out on it and explain how to setup from start to finish.

2 Likes

Cool thank you for the tips !
Do you know if it is possible to simulate all 5 strategies in the same time for few days to compare?

I went the hard way with a python script with ccxt + panda_ta but it doesn’t crash. I use a simple strategy, EMA 5-20 crossing and MA 200.

2 Likes

Here is my forum link to the tutorial I made

1 Like

Hey there, wanted to share my experience too:

It’s quite tricky but once you get it to work it can be fairly simple, I got a DCA strategy working, here’s a screenshot:

I highly recommend importing XHT manually, for some reason when using the UI it just doesn’t work

2 Likes

Yeah you need to definitely add it manually within the profile.json file but once that works your golden. I saw your post on octobots server and you need to basically just give it time and it will setup your short and long trades for you. One suggestion would be adding other types of coins to create consistent trades. On DipAnalyser I noticed it was just recognizing how much usdt you have to make the trades and will only trade within that usdt value and not your full assets. So thats something to keep in mind. One more thing to be sure about is double check that your api key is setup with the advanced access unchecked so that people cant just withdraw your funds. Just a extra security precaution I took while setting up.

1 Like